Tuesday, March 26, 2013

36 weeks = 9 months!

Wow, I am way behind with this blog!  I can't believe I am at 36 weeks now and 1 week away from being full term!  This preganancy has been flying by!  I'm not sure if I am ready for it to end yet or not:)
In the past month, I have had 2 wonderful baby showers hosted by friends and family, 2 doctor visits,  1 weekend away with my hubby, 1 prenatal massage, 1 cold (my first one all preganancy), and a little heartburn.
I will begin with the baby showers.  I knew that I was having 1 thrown by my mom and sisters.  I had a guest list of around 70 people so I was wondering how everyone was going to fit at my parents' house.  My friends from church surprised me with having a separate shower.  I won't go into a lot of detail about the showers since I put a lot of pictures on facebook already, but everyone did an incredible job and I felt very blessed.  I got a lot of great things for baby.
Daryl had gotten me a gift certificate to get a prenatal massage for Valentine's Day.  I used it on the day of my surprise shower which made it a great day of pampering:)  If you have never had a massage I would highly recommend it.  It was so relaxing!  The massage bed was heated and the blankets were so soft and the scent of lavender was so calming.  I may have almost fallen asleep.  I had just enough money left over to get a much needed hair cut also.  I then did a little shopping and later went to my own baby shower.  (of course unknown to me at the time)
Daryl and I got some time alone this past week when my parents took him down to South Carolina for my grandma's real estate auction.  It was nice having time alone before the baby comes.  We went away for the weekend and stayed in a hotel.  Just to go swimming in the winter time(Daryl in the hot tub) and lay in bed and watch tv for as long as we wanted to was a real treat for us.  Daryl had done some HVAC work for a Chinese customer a couple days before and they told him to bring me out to their Chinese restaurant and they would take care of us.  Well, they certainly took care of us.  They brought us several different appetizers to try and a couple entrees.  They wanted to give us dessert too but we couldn't eat anymore.  Even though I had a really bad cold and couldn't taste much I could tell it was delicious! I think we took home a week's worth of food!  If you like chinese check out Hong Kong Gardens on Colombia Avenue.
I have everything I need for our little girl now.  After my baby showers the only major thing I needed was a crib mattress since when we set up the crib the old mattress was dry rotted.  I found one that is almost brand new at a consignment store for $25.  I also took some coupons and gift cards to Babies R Us and Target and picked up some little items that I needed.  I so appreciate all the hand me downs that I have gotten from friends.  It is such a blessing!  I don't think I'll have to buy her clothes for the next year!  Now I just can't wait to be able to use everything.  
I had my 36 week appointment yesterday.  She has been head down since at least 32 weeks.  Her HB has been right in the middle at 140-144.  My doctor said she is a happy baby, doing exactly what she is supposed to.  I guess I am too because my BP is always exactly the same and I have been gaining weight right where I should be and measuring exactly on time.  I had my strep B test yesterday too.  I find out the results at my appointment next week.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a routine test that they do on pregnant women between 35-37 weeks by swabbing the vagina and rectum.  If it is positive you have to be on antibiotics while in labor to prevent the baby from picking it up during delivery.  While my doctor was down in that area anyway, she did a cervical check to see if anything was happening yet.  Nothing is, head is high and I'm not dilating yet.  I wasn't too surprised since I certainly don't feel like I am going to have a baby anytime soon.  I have never gotten any braxton hicks(I didn't with Skylor either) but I didn't have any warning when I went into labor with him so maybe this one will be the same way.  I have weekly appointments now so I am sure the next several weeks are going to fly by.  I want to get my house in order, freeze some meals and once the snow melts, clean out my flower beds. 


   

How far along? 36 weeks



Total weight gain: 25 lbs gained



Maternity clothes? yes, hmm, I've notice a couple of my maternity shirts are starting to get shorter!



Stretch marks? 2



Sleep: good, haven't been taking quite as many naps as I was earlier in the pregnancy



Best moment this week:  getting away with Daryl
 

Miss Anything? tying shoes is getting trickier, walking up the steps without feeling winded



Movement: yes!!! it has changed into more sqirming and rolling feeling than jabbing kicks.  I can now feel body parts, I poke her feet and she kicks back  


Food cravings: no, not as much as before.



Anything making you queasy or sick: for some reason some of my gagging has come back. I have to be especially careful when swallowing my prenatals.



Gender: girl



Labor Signs: not yet
 


Symptoms: belly growing, don't feel huge though but I can tell she is getting bigger and running out of room

Belly Button in or out?  ha,ha it is in unless she moves the right way, then the top of it pops out, Daryl says it looks like an aliean is going to pop out of my belly button.

Wedding rings on or off? On, but my hands seem more swollen in the morning because i can't always get them on then 



Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy


Looking forward to: last couple weeks of being pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment