Thursday, January 10, 2013

21 Weeks

Last week I had my 20 week anatomy scan.  Daryl and I had finally made the decision that we would find out the baby's gender.  I had been feeling all along that it is a girl.

21 weeks
Last Monday(the day of my appointment) I was very excited to see our baby but I had to wait until 3pm so Daryl would be able to get off work and go with me.  (this would be the first time that he went to an ultrasound with me.)

 

When I saw the lady who would be doing my scan I sensed that she would not be very nice.  Sure enough, I was right.  She started the scan without even turning the screen so we could see and wasn't pointing anything out.  I nicely asked her if she could please let us see and point body parts out so we would know what we were looking at.  She did.   I saw her label a page as "Gender" and when she moved on I asked, "Could you definitely tell the gender?"  She said yes but she couldn't tell us because the radiologist had to confirm it.  Bullcrap!!  She even talked to the radiologist while I was there to make sure she got enough pictures, she could have asked him to confirm then.  I had heard of this happening before where they won't tell you but everyone I talked to got to find out.  I was more than pissed!  At the end I said, "Well, if you really aren't going to tell us, then let me see between the legs so I can take a guess."  I was pretty sure I saw girl but what do I know I'm not a radiologist.  The whole experience was bad.  This was supposed to be a special time for Daryl and I to get a glimpse of our precious baby.  Don't mess with a pregnant woman and her raging hormones!
The next day I called my doctor 2-3x's to fing out the gender and finally the nurse called me back and confirmed that we are having a GIRL!  I made a pink cupcake for Daryl.  He wasn't too surprised either.  He said he was surprised at how excited he felt to have a girl.(he wanted a boy)  I ordered a pink cake to be made by my friend Shannon for my family to cut.
My family came the next day to make christmas crafts and I had my parents cut the cake.  They were all excited that it is a girl.
 
 
 
 
 
 
How far along? 21 weeks


Total weight gain: 8 lbs gained back, so I'm still down 7lbs.



Maternity clothes? I just put away my last pair of regular jeans.  All maternity clothes now 


Stretch marks? no



Sleep: ok, not as well as before. I get up once a night to pee and then have trouble going back to sleep. I have trouble getting comfortable too because I used to sleep on my stomach.


Best moment this week: finding out we are having a girl! 
Miss Anything? no, I am loving this chapter of my life!


Movement: yes!!!



Food cravings: comfort food (chili, mashed potatoes and gravy, chips and salsa, fruit)


Anything making you queasy or sick: not anymore!


Gender: girl


Labor Signs: I hope not!


Symptoms: gassy, belly starting to grow a wee bit, bigger, fuller, tender boobs


Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Very Happy, I do get irritated more easily so watch out!


Looking forward to: Christmas


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment