Wednesday, January 16, 2013

26 Weeks

Time keeps on ticking away!  This week has been a busy week of making some baby purchases.  Praise God for great finds!
Last Tuesday we drove down to Frederick, MD after Daryl got off work.  I had seen a changing table/dresser with bookshelf for $150 on craigslist and Daryl said we could drive down there to get it.  It was a really good deal!  (this particular brand can be close to $1000 new, it is real wood)  I am very pleased with it and can't wait to use it.
On Saturday, we drove up to Lebanon County to visit Daryl's cousins.  The day before I saw a pack n play listed on Craigslist for $60 in Manheim and since we were driving right through that area we decided to stop and look at it.  We ended up taking it home with us.  I love it!  ( I got this glider off of craigslist a couple weeks ago for $50.)

Yesterday, while Skylor was at his homeschool group, I went and had my glucose test done.  It was not near as bad as everyone was making it out to be which is probably why I don't remember it with Skylor.  For those that don't know, you go in and drink about an 8-10 oz cup of noncarbonated sweet stuff that tastes like sprite.  You have 5 min. to drink it and I think it took me a minute or two.  Then you can leave for an hour.  When I got back I got blood drawn and that was that.  Now I just wait for the results to see if I pass. 
After I was done there, I went to my favorite consignment store, Fashion Cents in Strasburg.  I just love that place!  I bought my first little bit of girl clothing!!  I was also thrilled to find that she sells cloth diapers a lot cheaper than I can buy them new or sew them.  I love great deals!  I bought all this plus a hoodie for Skylor for $30.( a lot of the clothing is name brand too, the diapers alone would have cost me at least $30 new)
We have been very healthy so far this winter, I haven't even had as much as a cold.  Hopefully the horrible flu epidemic stays away from this household.  Skylor did have a really bad case of pink eye this past week which I think he picked up from a friend's house.  The doctor even said it was one of the worst cases he has seen.  So far the rest of us have been safe.    
I finally am able to upload again so here are some belly shots!

How far along? 26 weeks+3 days



Total weight gain: 14 lbs gained back, so I'm still down 1 lb.





Maternity clothes? yes, I feel like I have finally gotten bigger in the last couple weeks and people don't need to question whether I am pregnant or not.



Stretch marks? no




Sleep: I got a pregnancy pillow around christmas time and that has helped my hips be more comfortable, also if I do some simple stretches before I go to bed really helps. I also now wear braces on both hands for carpal tunnel and they help tremendously. All in all, I am sleeping pretty good, but feel like I toss and turn a lot towards morning. 



Best moment this week: getting baby furniture and girl clothes 



Miss Anything? no, I am loving this chapter of my life!



Movement: yes!!! feeling a lot more this week and can lightly see ripples through my shirt, but every time Daryl goes to feel her she stops moving.




Food cravings: no, not as much as before.



Anything making you queasy or sick: not anymore unless I forget to take my half pill of Zofran before bed!



Gender: girl



Labor Signs: I hope not!



Symptoms: belly growing, finally getting a linea nigra

Belly Button in or out? in

Wedding rings on or off? On



Happy or Moody most of the time: Very Happy, I do get irritated more easily so watch out!



Looking forward to: doctor appointment next week 


No comments:

Post a Comment